Quick & Easy {No Yeast} Cinnamon Rolls


Personally, for breakfast I'm not a sweet eater. I like my eggs & potatoes. But, my family loves cinnamon rolls and for the convenience of having them, I occasionally buy the Pillsbury/store ones. It seems lately that whenever my kids want them, I don't have any and they don't have the patience for me to make the usual homemade ones. Alas, I finally came across a recipe on food.com that said they'd be ready in under and hour, and after reading all the numerous comments, I took into consideration the ones that I thought would be worthwhile and came up with a version of the recipe that sounded good. But, I was wrong. They ended up being soooo good! They are almost like a pastry as they practically melt in your mouth! This will definitely be my go-to recipe for my kids "on demand" cinnamon rolls. I'm going to try and freeze some to keep on hand and see how they hold up. I will update you later on that one.

Like the post name indicates, there is no yeast involved, no rise time. So, these come together to be oven ready in however long it takes you to measure up your ingredients, combine them and roll the dough out! I didn't get many pictures because it does go fast....

The dough is somewhat sticky, so make sure you use lots of flour when rolling out your dough. Roll up tightly on the long side. You can see some chunks in my filling, I sprinkled some Heath bits on top. Next time I'd use mini chocolate chips. 


I had to dig around in 2 different bathrooms before I found some dental floss that was plain and not mint to cut my rolls. Using floss really helps for a clean cut and they don't get squished like when using a knife. I got 9 regular sized cinnamon rolls out of this recipe and a few "ends" that I just threw in there too. 


Just whip up the glaze as they bake for 20 minutes and you have some absolutely delish cinnamon rolls! Mmmmm... don't they look great?


After cooling a few minutes, drizzle with glaze... and prepare to amaze! ;)



Quick & Easy {No Yeast} Cinnamon Rolls (printable version)

Filling
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp softened butter
3 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine all and mix well in a small bowl. Sprinkle approx 1/4-1/2 of the filling in the bottom of a pan (I used an 11x7 glass pan).
Dough
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
shake of salt
1 egg
3 tbsp softened butter
3/4 cup milk

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. (I used my KitchenAid mixer.) Add egg and mix well. Cut butter in, mixing well and gradually add milk until mixed well. Transfer dough to a well floured work surface and roll out into a rectangle. Spread remaining filling over the dough and roll up tightly on the long side. Using plain dental floss, cut your rolls into approx 1/2"-1" rolls, depending how many you want and how big. (I did mine about 1"). Set into your pan close together. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before glazing. You can use any recipe for a general glaze or the one below.

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract

Combine all ingredients until you reach your desired consistency, adjusting as you go along. Drizzle over slightly cooled rolls.


Enjoy!! The roll on the left is the one that is inverted from being on top of the filling in the bottom of the pan. The one on the right is right side up. Are you drooling? ;)




Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!


Comments