Monster Goodness


When I was growing up, there was a lady from church who always made Monster Cookies. They were so good. I have no idea what took me so long (30+ years) to actually make some, other than the fact that I recall it made a ton and as I've mentioned before, making cookies is my least favorite thing to bake. But I'm realizing as I'm making more cookies, I'm not as bothered by it as I originally thought. I think it's because even as great of a cook/baker that my mom was, she usually made crisp/hard cookies and I only like soft & chewy, so cookies really weren't an appealing item to me. This recipe makes approx 4 dozen, so 4 trips into the oven isn't so bad. I've searched for Monster Cookie recipes in the past but never went so far as to make them. I think coming upon this recipe from Something Swanky along with her story about what Monster Cookies mean to her that appealed to me to finally just pick this one.  And, I'm glad I did. Super easy to make, no flour involved and absolutely delicious. Not to mention pretty when you use the fall colored M&M's. :) I used my 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop so they aren't as "monster" as they probably could be, but I think they're the perfect size.

They're going pretty fast.... I may have to make more very soon. I'm not one to sneak spoons of cookie dough, but even this stuff tempted me and I succumbed. How could you not to this yummy-ness?!

And, to my hubby to loves cookie dough, I even set aside a few tablespoons for him to enjoy when he got home from work. 


Make a batch today and get some guaranteed extra hugs & kisses from the fam. ;)




Monster Cookies (from Something Swanky)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp hot water
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 tsp salt
1 pkg M&M's
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat together the butter and peanut butter until smooth and combined. Beat in the brown sugar and regular sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in the corn syrup and vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and mix into the batter.  Mix in the oats and salt. Fold in the m&m's and chocolate chips. Scoop dough by tablespoons onto a parchment paper or silicone lined baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, until the edges look set and golden, but the tops are not brown. Note: (I had my cookies in for 6 minutes, rotated my pan and baked another 6 minutes & they were perfect.)






Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts! 


Comments