Getting Ready for Cinco de Mayo

As you may or may not know, (from my "About Me" page) I'm a Cinco de Mayo baby. I think that explains my love of Mexican food (haha). But, since it's getting close to my birthday I've been thinking of food to make for my celebration and have been on the hunt on Pinterest. I even have a board named "My Cinco De Mayo Birthday Bash. I came across this wonderful recipe from wine & glue for Spicy Mexican Fudge. I immediately made it. Oh. My. Gosh. It was awesome!


I also discovered my camera had a 3-D feature... doesn't it look like you could just grab a piece? Sorry. I know that's mean. But the bright side is, it's sooooo easy to make your own!

Gather these ingredients:

3 cups milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Line an 8x8" square pan with non-stick aluminum or parchment paper.

Heat the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a pan over med-low heat until the chocolate is melted. Stir continuously so it melts evenly.



Add in the vanilla, cinnamon and pepper. I would recommend mixing the cinnamon and pepper together and then slowly adding it in and stirring to make sure it gets stirred in well. Because it starts to firm up fast, I think you get "hot" spots if you add it all at once and it doesn't get mixed well before it starts to firm. I had some pieces that were hotter than others, so I think if you do it gradually it will blend better. Just my thought.

 Immediately pour into the pan and spread evenly. Allow it to set in the frig a few hours.



Then lift out by the foil or paper and cut into pieces. Be prepared to be wow'd!  If you think the 1/4 tsp of pepper might be too much, feel free to use less but I used the 1/4 tsp and even my 7 year old loved it!

Check out all the wonderful Cinco de Mayo recipe ideas at Buttercream Bakehouse!

This post was featured at Easy Living Mom!
Adio`s !


Comments

  1. this looks heavenly. Thanks for sharing on my blog's linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on Easy Living Mom Hop. This looks great! I love fudge and I love cayenne, soI am sure I would love this. Now following via GFC.

    Jackie @ <a href="http://www.thenonmarthamomma.com/>The Non-Martha Momma</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jackie! You would really love it then, yesterday I made my second batch this week (it doesn't last long in my house!) I checked out your blog (followed) and your FB page! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so good!! I love the spicy/chocolate flavor combination. I chose this as a feature from my link party last week. I hope you can link up again this week! Feel free to grab an "I've Been Featured" button from my Link Parties page. Have a great day!

    XO
    Angie @ Easy Living Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay spicy! I love the cinnamon/cayenne/chocolate concept. Thank you for sharing it! Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)