The Perfect, Super Easy Treat


5 ingredients - that's it! But, they aren't the usual 5 ingredients you see all over Pinterest that are recipes that include graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. I have yet to find any that have the super simple ingredients from the recipe that I grew up with (thanks Mom!). It was my turn to make bars for my daughters soccer team concession stand this week so Peanut Butter bars are what I chose. They are a HUGE favorite of my kids, and seriously, a 9x13 pan doesn't last a day in our house (and it makes 36 bars!) I'm not normally a sweet eater, but I always manage to eat my fair share. My kids thought it was torture to make them and not be able to have any, so I made another batch last night. They are also very popular at any gathering you need to bring a treat.


Peanut Butter Bars 
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups dry powdered milk
1 -12oz pkg milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 250○. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and corn syrup. Gradually add the powdered milk, mixing thoroughly. (I like to just dig in with my hands because it's easier). Spread and pat into a 9x13" pan. Sprinkle chips over the top evenly. Stick in the oven for about 10 minutes to melt the chips, remove and spread the chips evenly. Cool in the frig for a bit, then let come to room temperature to cut into squares.

You could just melt the chips in the microwave but I'm not a microwave user and I think it's just easier to heat them up a bit in the oven.

See, how easy was that? I told you it'd be super easy! Print yourself a copy!


The hard part is to try and eat just one. As far as I know, it can't be done. :)

Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!

Comments

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate, could there be anything better? I am going to have to make these for my teenage daughter and her friends. Thanks for linking up to Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better Shanna! :) Your daughter & friends will love you, guarantee it! Thanks for stopping by! ~ Mama Ging

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)